Since 2002 Waste Italia Group has been adopted an integrated system for quality and environment management according to international standards ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 and on September of the same year the company's system was finally certified by ANCIS (National Association for the Certification and Quality of Service Companies).
The sphere of application of Waste Italia Group's certification concern the following services:
- collection and transportation of non-hazardous special waste
- selection, shredding and recycling of non-hazardous special waste;
- disposal of non-hazardous waste in controlled facilities;
- brokerage for special waste collection, transportation, treatment and disposal services;
- sales promotion, hire and maintenance of chemical toilets;
- design and construction of waste treatment plants.
The company has therefore planned to gradually extend the certification for Quality and Environmental management system. The choice to progressively extend the system certification is based on corporate strategies and the need to allocate managerial efforts and resources employed in this activity over time.
ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 quality system standards
- Commitment and policy: to define the environmental policy and ensure commitment to our Environmental Management System (EMS).
- Planning: develop an action plan for our environmental policy
- Realisation: developing awareness and support mechanism to implement the environmental policy and meet objectives and targets.
- Measuring and assessment: to measure, control and assess our own environmental performances and eventually take corrective actions.
- Review and improvement: to continuously re-examine and improve our own EMSin favour of better environmental performance.
Waste Italia also owns 21964/10/00 issued by CQOP SOA SPA for the following categories and classification of qualification:
- OG12 "remediation works and install II
- OS14 "waste disposal and recovery installations" - class. II.